You know how it is – better late than never. So, with a little delay here is the (Jersey) monthly newsletter for March.
Releases first. We released Jersey 2.17 (JAX-RS 2.0 reference implementation) in the middle of the month and now we’re preparing to release the next version. Folks from JBoss released RESTEasy 3.0.11.Final. The latest release of CXF is from February (version 3.0.4, containing some JAX-RS fixes).
Jersey team published (again!) a ton of blog posts. Almost all (except mine, of course ) are worth reading and here is the list (ordered by date):
- When to Use JAX-RS Class-path Scanning Mechanism (Jakub)
- Checkstyle matters to Jersey too … (Michal)
- JAX-RS Message Body Writer&Reader using Kryo serialization framework (Libor)
- Jersey CDI Integration – Few Notes and EAR Support (Michal)
- Java 8 default method and REST (Adam)
- JAX-RS Client API Groovy DSL, prototype (Libor)
- Another tiny step forward for Jersey JDK container (Adam)
- JAX-RS Providers on Client and on Server (Michal)
- Jersey 2.x Client on Android – Take 2 (Jakub)
- What to do when JAX-RS cannot find it’s Providers aka My message body writer is not used (Michal)
- The Journey Of A Jersey Commit (Adam)
- Your REST API Counterpart – The Client (Adam)
- How To Use Jersey Client Efficiently (Jakub)
Other articles on JAX-RS / REST that I noticed (no ordering):
- WebSocket vs REST (Pavel Bucek)
- JAX-RS 2: Adding HTTP Headers with WriterInterceptor (Adam Bien)
- Handling time outs in Async requests in JAX-RS (Abhishek Gupta)
- Quick peek at JAX-RS request to method matching (Abhishek Gupta)
- RESTful Charts with JAX-RS and PrimeFaces (Josh Juneau)
- Creating Web Services and a Rest Server with JAX-RS and Jetty (Daniel Shaya)
- HATEOAS and Hypermedia Aware Services And Clients (Binu George)
- RESTful Conversations (Gregor Hohpe)
- Creating JAX-RS web service using Jersey Example (Alvin Reyes)
Interesting links (e.g. updates to existing tools etc.):
And, at the end one April prank from Adam – Get ready for Dronningmølle! aka Jersey Forced To Abandon Its Name.
If you feel like some other blog post or article mentioning Jersey or JAX-RS should be here please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy and see you next month.