One of the reasons why I wrote this article is my, rather unusual, encounter with a missing message body writer in a Jersey 1 test application. This problem of mine occurred during collecting of data to get a Jersey 1 performance baseline in order to see where Jersey 2 stands when compared to its predecessor. The problem is described at the end of this article because I think it’s pretty rare, but still not impossible :-), and not many of you will (hopefully) face it. But first I’d like to take a look at more common issues regarding missing providers and what you can do to solve them.
During our last sprint I was porting support for CDI injections for EARs that contain multiple JAX-RS web applications (WARs). This worked fine in Jersey 1 and it works on WebLogic but we didn’t have support for these kind of deployments directly in Jersey (which means that Glassfish was affected as well) until this very moment. I’d like to share some findings I’ve made while working on this task.
Jersey team has become more active in writing blog posts so I’ve decided to give it a try and publish a short summary of these posts and maybe something more at the end of each month. This first post focuses heavily on Jersey but I’d like to include interesting articles from more sources about the world of JAX-RS and REST services in the next months.